Structural demolition is the tearing down of buildings or specific structural elements either manually or by mechanical means using large hydraulic equipment, elevated work platforms, cranes, excavators and the like.
We specialize ourselves in the detailed demolition of structures and structural elements with a special focus on the efficient reclamation and recycling of demolished materials. Our structural demolition experts service the Sydney metropolitan and greater Sydney areas with competent experience on the demolition of pre/post-tensioned suspended slabs and beams.
With our team of talented and specialized demolition personnel and excellent waste minimization techniques, we provide valued clients with excellent service and competitive quotes.
Some exemplar past projects where we have conducted specialized structural demolition:
- Hilton Hotel – Leighton Contractors – Demolition of a post tensioned beam 66m long, 10m deep, weighting 100 tonnes, as well as the demolition of 30,000m2 of building including strip outs and façade removals in Sydney CBD.
- Australian Fertilizers/Orica – Brick & Block Company – Demolition of 20m high structural steel trusses and suspended concrete storage silos, and the associated asbestos removal works.
- Ansto Building 34A – Cockram – Demolition of an entire research facility including associated asbestos removal works.
- Blacktown Workers Club – Paynter Dixon – Demolition of main concrete stairway, various concrete slab penetrations, and associated strip out works within the building.
- UNSW Building J18 – Patterson Building Group – Demolition of brick and masonry walls, as well as structural steel beams.
- Crocodile Farm, Ashfield – Interdemo – Complete demolition of a brick internet cafe and the adjacent rear half of Crocodile Farm whilst keeping the business operational.