Location185 Macquarie Street, Sydney CBD
Beasy Pty Ltd’s engineers managed the demolition of the FAI Building located in Sydney’s CBD. The project involved hazardous materials removal and the demolition of the entire building (approximately 70m in height to one basement level below) including site retention.
The project involved:
- the erection of a 1500 Favco tower crane
- erection of structural hoarding and protective saffolding
- use of load shifting equipment on suspended slabs
- demolition of a post tensioned supporting beam
- procurement of a construction zone through City of Sydney Council etc.
- vibration monitoring
- noise monitoring
- air monitoring
Due to the work’s proximity to the rail tunnel and specialized medical practices such as laser eye surgeries in the adjacent buildings, strict vibration criteria was required to be complied to.
Noise was also of high consideration due to neighbouring tenants and the proximity of Parliament House and the NSW State Library.
WorkCover NSW also attended the site on numerous occasions to witness OH&S compliance.