Location483 Kent Street, Sydney
We were engaged by the client to conduct a demolition project at Kentbridge House which consisted of façade removals on the eastern side of the building and associated asbestos removal works on the rooftop level.
Our tasks in this project involved:
- demolition and removal of eastern façade
- removal of spalling concrete from the façade
- friable asbestos removal from the eastern façade
- establishing a ‘bubble’ on the rooftop level
- setting of decontamination units and negative air units
- removal of non-friable (bonded) asbestos on the ground floor located behind the false ceilings along the front of the building
- obtaining clearance certificates and hygienist reports
With carefully planned and well executed safety measures, day time Sydney CBD traffic and pedestrians were safe.
We also conducted another facade removal next door at 495 Kent Street.